ASHRAE scholarships are designed to encourage and assist heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration education through the granting of a scholarship at the undergraduate level. The program also serves the public interest in aiding in the education of men and women to become qualified to practice as engineers or technicians in the HVAC and/or refrigeration field.
ASHRAE Scholarships are available to students enrolled in any school provided the curriculum in which the student is enrolled is accredited by an agency recognized by ASHRAE and the student is pursuing a course of study which has traditionally been a preparatory curriculum for the profession of HVAC and/or refrigeration.
Basic criteria on which all scholarships are granted are as follows:
- Prior academic performance - A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendations from instructors and references.
- Character, involvement in other activities and leadership ability.
- Potential service to the HVAC and/or refrigeration profession, and involvement in ASHRAE chapter or student branch activities.
Applications shall be postmarked no later than April 1, 2016. The following data must be submitted:
- Completed and signed application form.
- A letter of recommendation from Professor or Faculty Advisor.
- Two or more additional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with applicant's character, accomplishments and likelihood of success in the HVAC and/or refrigeration industry.
Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee's decision by April 22, 2016. The winner will be invited to attend the Chapter's monthly meeting on May 5, 2016 to accept the scholarship.
Return application to:
Mississippi Valley Chapter of ASHRAE
Attn: Justin Clegg
1701 River Drive, Suite 200
Moline, IL 61265